Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day!!!!!!!!

It's Valentine's Day and it has been a good one! It started being great last night. First, Miriam (My sister) and I went and "heart attacked" my grandpa's house. A "heart attack" is when you cut up a bunch of paper hearts and stick them on someones house. So Miriam and I went at 10:30 and put them all over his door. Some of them said fax me!, or your secret admirer. Those are the only ones I can remember. Although, my Grandpa can tell you everyone of them because I know positively that he read every single one of them. After the "heart attack", I watched Gladiator (the edited version) with my brother Walt. It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I woke up at 6:30 fed my friends dog while they are away and then we went to breakfast. We went to Eggs and Things (which was delicious!!!!!). I had Cinnamon Roll French Toast. After my yummy breakfast we went over to my Grandpa's house to see if he saw the "heart attack". And he did and loved it! After a nice visit with him we went home. At home I went to the Dollar Store and bought a powerade for my game. After my trip to the store I went to my basketball.

I was warming up at my game thinking I wonder if I'm going to score a basket? It was my time to fulfill my destiny and make a basket!!!!!!!! The game buzzer went off. I took my usual place on the bench at the start of the game (sometimes I start but mostly I play in the middle of the game.) I watched them rebound shoot and run. Finally I was sent in. Although I didn't score a basket I came so close (just like I do every game). Also, I did a lot of good defencing and rebounding. After I got out of the game I watched as it got even more intense. As it drew near the end of the game the tensions were high. Tied 27 to 27, the other team made a couple three's and was in the lead. We needed to get some points.

To get the ball fast we needed to foul someone bad so they would shoot and miss therefore we would get the ball and score. So, this little kid on the court was running when a kid on our team grabbed him to foul him. He went the free throw line and shot. He made it!!!!!! Our plan back fired. With a couple seconds left, we were on fire. We tied it up and went into OT (over time). In over time the same thing happened. The other team kept on making there shots. With 2 seconds left on the clock we got the ball. Even if we did make the 3 we would lose by a couple points. The buzzer buzzed and we didn't make the 3. Our undefeated streak was gone. Oh well, we can't win them all right? To cheer me up, I got my report card where I got straight A's!!!!!! I have had straight A's ever for 2 years straight except for one measly B in sign language. In my defence, MR. Katz (the teacher) didn't give any A's out at all! I didn't meet one person that got an A in his class. Overall it was a good day and I have to finish watching the slam dunk contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment