Lately I have been trying to find a new favorite sport. Baseball I have kind of grown out of and I believe I've got it! The new sport is... drum roll please. Basketball!!!!!!! Now, I play it everyday and have gotten pretty good! (if I don't say so myself). My friend Erik has been a good supporter of me and has practiced with me everyday. Today, we went to the Park and Rec Center to play some bball. Well we got there thinking we would just shoot some hoops when 3 kids asked if we would like to play them. So I decided Erik and I could take on the 3 of them. We played the first game winning 21 to 10. I don't know if I got lucky draining 3's or I just aren't that bad! And my friend Erik (really short probably barely 5 foot even) drove it in for some lay-ups! Then next game we lost 19 to 21.
And finally, the last game we beat them 17 to 21. After our 2nd win they decided they had to go. I was pretty happy with myself for it. I don't know, maybe they just weren't good or I am just getting better! Now I'm going to go back a few hours to tell you something I forgot to mention before our victory. Again, with my friend Erik we went to the Adidas store. There, I got some awesome basketball shoes for only $20 when originally $60. And after, I discovered a Lakers shirt for $5 which I immediately snatched up. So I left the store happy with some basketball shoes, a Lakers shirt and $25 left, Which my Dad suggested should go to the bank, so it did :(. And now, I have to finish a medieval shield for a history project (the coolest project that could ever be assigned!!!! (Except for a sword which couldn't be brought to school. If only we could learn more about swords and battle axes in history!!!!). Stay tuned and maybe next blog entry there will be a picture of my awesome shield.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
basketball, niiiice! draining threes, huh? i'm not even sure what that means, but it sounds hard. please, please please post pics of the shield. i love it. i agree, it is the coolest project ever. EVER!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAndrea,
ReplyDeleteI don't really know how to put pictures on my blog :(