Thursday, January 22, 2009

Martin Luther King Day

Monday was a pretty good day. I started out finishing watching Lord of the Rings Two Towers. I am also currently reading it to! Back to Monday, after watching one of the best movies I had some delicious pancakes made by Dad. After, Dad, David, and I played tennis (I got my butt kicked). Even though I didn't do so well it was still fun. After our exciting tennis match we rode our bikes to the store to get Klondike bars for lunch. For lunch we fired up the old grill and BBQ hamburgers and dogs.

The second half of the day we went to Lemon Park to play our famous game of croquet. This time I wanted to try something new and challenging, so I got to choose the course! At lemon park right next the memorial is a huge bowl of grass where water is supposed to drain into. I knew that was the perfect place to play. The key to making it was judging it right. You had to either not hit it straight at it and watch it go down or hit where it wouldn't fall down the hill! It was a very challenging course but there was one particular hole. This hole you either made on the first try or you never made it (very frustrating!). Mom was so frustrated that she ended just cheating on the hole and went to the next one. David just insisted that the reason he didn't make it was his ball was heavier than everyone else (David always has some excuse). But in the end we all still had fun!

After a fun day of playing sports we had dinner (I can't remember what) and watched the Lakers game. Before I went to bed, I read some of Lord of the Rings (of course!) and was out. Next time I have a break is next Thursday and Friday for semester break! The young men are having a video game night! (can't wait). Maybe that's what I'll write about next!

2 comments: